Sunday, August 12, 2007

5 things about me.

My friend, R, tagged me to do 5 things about me on another social networking site. Thus far, I've avoided it. People know me too well already in real life. They don't need to hear the wacko details. But to do it anonymously? Why not!

And so, my 5 things. Feel free to post yours in the comments.
  1. I sometimes have the weirdest thoughts occur to me while driving. The current one is questioning how many of my personal idiosyncrasies stem from the fact that I considered Miss Piggy a role model when I was younger. Others have included what it would look like to put mascara on my husband and what kind of looks I'd get if I brought Bill O'Reilly as my date to my high school reunion.
  2. I'm a superfast reader. This was a huge boon in college. But I mostly use my talent for pleasure reading. Before my son was born, I usually read 2-3 books a week. These days, I get in about one a week.
  3. I have written my own novel and am shopping it around now. I have a second in the works and plan to finish it while CPT Dick is away.
  4. I own a Chanel suit. I bought it at a consignment shop, and even though it was sold at a significant discount, it was still incredibly dear. I cringe whenever I think how much it cost but feel better when I put it on. It fits me perfectly, even after the post-baby body shifting.
  5. I have traveled to over 40 countries. When my husband and I travel, we usually buy a piece of street art as a memento. This has resulted in a ton of unframed pieces sitting on a shelf in the office waiting for me to get around to framing them. Which I probably won't, because we don't have the wallspace anyway. Still, we keep buying.

5 comments:

Butterfly Wife said...

I love the street art idea. That is really great.

i am a slow reader. That's why I am on page 47 of Harry Potter. :D A fact that my BFF finds terribly annoying.

Lee Anne said...

Good luck shopping around the novel. What an accomplishment!

Marine Wife said...

I think it's great that you're working on your 2nd novel. I keep thinking about it but haven't actually done it yet. Kudos to you!

c wiss said...

You should try to add a little library widget to your blog. I'd love to see what you're reading, as I'm always looking for recommendations. I just finished grad school two months ago, and I'm so happy to finally have reading time again that I've been reading 2-3 at a time. heh

It rocks you've written a novel, and have enough creative juices leftover for a second. Just out of curiosity, what genre?

Non-Essential Equipment said...

I thought about a library widget but I never remember to update it in time!

I'm currently reading Lionel Shriver's "The Post-Birthday World."

And as for my novel, it's just general commercial fiction. I don't know that I'll manage to sell it but it's kind of fun to try.