Saturday, August 18, 2007

I'm all set, thanks.

I love meeting people who are different than me. I love different backgrounds and opinions, especially when the people holding them can hold a decent conversation. I just learn so much.

But there are a few things that I stand firm on. There are not many but I will state them here for the record.
  1. Parenting techniques do and should vary. I'm glad that your potty training methods worked for you so quickly. But thinking that they will work for everyone else just as easily is just plain misguided.
  2. The sex offender registry is a waste of time and money.
  3. Jo should have married Laurie in "Little Women." I don't know what kind of joke Louisa May Alcott was playing when she had Jo turn him down (and don't get me started on him then marrying Jo's sister) but I ain't having it. I am even more convinced that she wrote it wrong since I saw Christian Bale play Laurie in the 90's film version.

And that's about it.

2 comments:

Butterfly Wife said...

well it is nice to know where you stand your ground. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading for a few days... and I have to say that I FULLY agree with your list. Especially about Jo and Laurie... and Christian Bale. ;)