Thursday, June 07, 2007

Answering questions.

I've gotten a couple of emails asking my thoughts on the new Army Wives TV show as well as the recent GOP debate. I haven't commented because, very simply, I haven't watched either of them.

I know the idea of me missing a debate may seem like a serious dereliction of duty but, honestly, we're still so far away from the election and I can't take anymore of the bullshit. Seriously. I watch and I just get angry at pretty much every candidate for bending like a reed in the wind in hopes of raking in a few more dollars to keep them in the race. So, for my own sanity, I'm going to ignore these first few rounds of posturing and tune in again once some of the hand raisers have been effectively weeded out. Then maybe serious candidates can get the opportunity to talk beyond a 10-second soundbyte and show me why they deserve my vote.

I'll still read the transcripts, of course. But things always seem less dire when read the morning after with bedhead and some caffeine.

As for Army Wives, well, I'm an FRG leader. I get to deal with wives every day. I don't think I'm missing much. But if I'm wrong, let me know. Now that House is over for the season, there may be room in my life for a new television addiction.

No comments: