Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Contact.

My husband will be taking command of a new company in an entirely new unit next month. He will start doing inventories to prepare for this command next week.

(We still don't have orders to actually move us there but that's a whole 'nother story. Gotta love the Army!)

He has asked me to be FRG leader again, saying that he needs someone he can count on with a forthcoming deployment. He played his cards well. He just said that it will make his life easier. And how can I, as his wife, not want to help make his life easier when he's going to spend 15-18 months with sand in his crack and driving roads littered with car bombs? The bastard is damn sneaky, let me tell you.

But since there is already an existing FRG, led by two ladies who will be remaining with the unit even after CPT Dick takes over, I decided I should probably find out what they got going on. After all, no sense in fixing something that ain't broke. So I sent them both a note.

Leader #1 told me she was all too happy to hand over the reins if that was my choice. But Leader #2 basically replied welcome and maybe we can find time to go to lunch one day. Her tone and words made it clear that she has no plans to be usurped so I better not even consider the notion.

So it looks like I will walk straight into an FRG power struggle. Just before a deployment. What fun! And all in the name of making my husband's life easier.

Sneaky bastard better appreciate it.

No comments: